A Real Sponge-Bob
Why do we call this A Real Sponge-Bob craft? Because it's made with a real sponge of course! This is a fun way for kids to make their own version of this lovable, quirky character!
Ages: 5 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Printed SpongeBob Template*
• Yellow sponge (one that’s around 3”X 4½”or 5” – a standard sized small sponge)
• Yellow pipe cleaners
• Markers, crayons or colored pencils
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Print, color and cut out all of your Spongebob parts.
2. With a pair of scissors cut a slit in either side of the sponge where his arms would be, and cut 2 slits at the bottom of the sponge where his legs would be (you can do this either before or after you have glued on your paper parts).
3. Cut a piece of pipe cleaner and fold it in half (we cut our about 8" long, which made a 4" arm when folded) Put some glue on the loose ends of the pipe cleaner and insert the pipe cleaner into on of the slits in the sponge. Do this for both arms and both legs.
4. Glue on all of your SpongeBob parts. Wrap his shirt and pants around the bottom of the sponge, glue on his eyes and mouth. You have 2 sets of hands and feet, this is so you can glue them around the ends of the pipe cleaner (this part is a little fiddily, younger children may need some help).
5. Take a small piece of pipe cleaner and fold in in half, bend it like a nose. With scissors make a small slit inside the sponge where the nose would be. Put some glue on the loose end of the pipe cleaner and insert into the sponge.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more SpongeBob Crafts like this A Real Sponge-Bob craft