Why not add a Cactus Collage to your Cowboy/Western theme party or day at school? This is a fun craft for preschoolers on up and uses simple collage materials found around the house!
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Cactus Template*
• Construction paper
• Sand (you can substitute with graham wafer crumbs)
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Print and cut out the cactus template. Trace onto green paper and cut out.
2. Cut a strip of brown paper and glue it onto the bottom of a blue piece of construction paper. Smear some glue onto the brown part, sprinkle on some sand, then shake off the excess.
3. Glue your cacti into place. Put small dots of glue all over your cactus.
4. Sprinkle rice all over your glue dots, you can press down on the rice a little, then shake off the excess. Do this for each cactus, and you've created a wonderful cactus collage!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Cowboy-Western Crafts like this Cactus Collage