Celebrate Carnival season by making your own Carnival Mask! This is a great craft for Mardi Gras or to celebrate the annual Carnival in Brazil!
Ages: 4 and Up
Make this easier for younger children by having the mask prepared ahead of time!
Here's what you'll need...
• Foam board
• Printed Carnival Mask Template*
• String or yarn
• Fake jewels, sequins, or any other embellishments for your mask.
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Trace the template onto a piece of foam board and cut out.
2. Measure out a piece of string or yarn to fit around the head and then cut it in half. Make a slit on each side of the mask by the eyes and tie on a piece of string in each hole.
3. Decorate your mask with embellishments. We glued feathers on the top and adding a fake jewel in the middle. You could also use sequins and glitter glue, be creative!
At the annual Carnival in Brazil you will see costumes that incorporate a lot of feathers. Feathers show the African influence at the Carnival, where some very elaborate costumes resemble colorful tribal headdresses.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Leave the Carnival Mask page and return to the Craft Index