Have the kids say Yeee Hawww with this fun Cowboy Puppet. All you need is a paper bag, paper and our template and you've got one fun cowboy craft. This would be a fun craft for a cowboy/western birthday party suitable for preschoolers and kindergartners!
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Brown paper bag (lunch size)
• Construction paper
• Cowboy Puppet Template*
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it..
1. First have a look at your bag, unopened. One side is smooth and flat, the other side has a flap (which is the bottom of the bag when it's open). The side with the flap is the FRONT, this is where you will glue all of the parts.
2. Print out the templates, cut them out and trace them onto construction paper (you can do this ahead of time to cut down the time it will take to complete the craft). You need to cut out 2 sides for the vest. Make slits in your vest a third of the way up.
3. Once you have cut out the mustache, cut slits ¾ of the way up.
4. Glue on all your parts. We also cut out two round eyes and lips. You can also do this, or you can draw them on with markers. Add any other embellishments.
You can also make this into a cowgirl puppet by making the hat pink or purple. Cut strips of paper or yarn and glue to the hat to make long hair!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Cowboy-Western Crafts like this Cowboy Puppet