This Cucumber Cactus craft is so easy and fun to make. Who knew you could make a cactus from an inexpensive vegetable? This craft makes a great centerpiece at a cowboy or western theme party!
Ages 5 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Toothpicks (or uncooked spaghetti)
• Graham wafer crumbs or sand (we used graham crumbs)
Here's how you make them...
1. Cut your cucumbers to the size you wish.
2. Break the ends off your tooth picks and insert them into the cucumber. If you don't want the ends to be as "prickly" insert the the sharp end into the cucumber so the blunt end is sticking out (this is a better option for younger children).
3. Sprinkle some graham wafer crumbs, or real sand, onto a plate and arrange your cacti.
This would make a great centerpiece for a table, or in the middle of a veggie tray!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Cowboy-Western Crafts like the Cucumber Cactus