Dirt Race Track
Matchbox cars not included
This Dirt Race Track is so much fun to make and play with, and it's made with sand from your very own yard! Preschoolers will need some help making this, but they'll love to play with it, especially outside!
Don't be intimidated by all the pictures and instructions,
this is very easy to make!
Level of Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Here's what you'll need...
• Green food coloring
• Wax paper
Here's how you make it...
1. Pour 1 teaspoon of water and 6 drops of green food coloring into a zipper baggie. Add 1/2 cup rice, seal the bag and mix it until the rice is well coated. Spread out onto a sheet of wax paper to dry. It will take about 1/2 hour to an hour for the rice to be dry and ready to use depending on your climate.
The race track in the picture is about 10" X 16" and we used about 2 cups of rice to make it.
2. Draw an oval race track shape in the middle of your cardboard. You will make your grass first, so fill in the middle of your track with glue.
3. Sprinkle your green rice over top of the glue, press it down a little bit if you want. Then, shake off the excess.
4. Continue putting on your grass all around the outside of your track. Spread the glue on, sprinkle on the green rice, and shake off the excess.
5. Now it's time to make your dirt track. Make it the same way you put on the grass. Spread glue into your oval, sprinkle on your sand, and shake off the excess.
Let your race track dry for a few hours so the cars don't get stuck in the glue!
How can you make your own checkered flag? Just cut out a rectangle from a piece of white paper and make the checkers with a black marker. Tape it onto a toothpick!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Click here to find more Outdoor Crafts like the Dirt Race Track
Find more Transportation Crafts for Kids