This Easy Catapult is not only a fun craft to make, but it's super fun to play with! Try catapulting some cotton balls or marshmallows for "safe" target practice!
Ages: 5 and Up
Even though this craft is more suited for school-aged children, a preschooler will love to play with it if you can give them a lot of help and direction to make this craft!
Here's what you'll need...
• 12 craft sticks
• 2 clothes pins
• Plastic spoon
• Rubber band
• Cotton balls or marshmallows
Here's how you make it...
1. Line up 2 craft sticks horizontally. Glue 10 craft sticks along vertically, so it looks like a raft or fence. This will be the platform for your catapult.
2. Glue 2 clothespins together on top of each other (as shown in the picture).
3. Glue your clothespins onto your craft stick "raft". Let the glue completely dry (if you try and use it too soon it will just snap apart).
4. Wrap a rubber band around the top prong of the clothespin. Wrap it so it's fairly tight.
5. Slide the plastic spoon into the rubber band. Make sure the rubber band is tight enough to hold the spoon in place. And you're ready to use your Easy Catapult to start your target practice!
You can glue the spoon on the clothespin instead of using the rubber band. We prefer the rubber band because it makes it less likely for the spoon to break, and gives it a little more leverage.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Medieval-Fantasy Crafts like this Easy Catapult
Find more Pirate Crafts