Fishing Pole Bookmark
This Fishing Pole Bookmark is a unique kids craft that is great to give or keep! It makes a wonderful homemade gift for a Dad, Grandpa or uncle! Its also easy to make with our printable templates!
With a permanent marker you can write: "Happy Father's Day", or "Happy Grandparent's Day", or you can put a worm on the end of the hook and write "Book Worm" on the back of the bookmark.
Ages: 5 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Printed Fishing Pole Bookmark Templates*
• Craft stick
• Paint (optional)
• String, yarn or twine
• Craft foam
• Paper clip
• Google eyes and glitter glue (optional)
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Trace the templates on to craft foam and cut out. We made our reel black and our fish orange. You can also paint your craft stick or leave it bare.
2. Cut a 12" piece of string or yarn. Wrap it around the reel and glue in place. You can make this even easier by cutting a tiny slit on each side of the reel and wrapping the string through the slits.
3. Glue the end of the reel onto the side of your craft stick.
4. Glue the string up the pole.
5. Tie the end of string to a paper clip.
6. Decorate your fish if you want. We used glitter glue and google eyes. Poke your foam fish through the paper clip so it dangles down from the rod. Write a message on the back of the craft stick with a permanent marker.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Father's Day Crafts like this Fishing Pole Bookmark
Find more Ocean Animal Crafts
Find more Grandparents Day Crafts