This Homemade Beard is a great addition to any Pirate costume! Our template comes in two sizes, and you can make this out of paper or felt!
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Construction paper (or felt)
• String or yarn
• Printed Pirate Beard Template*
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut out the beard template, trace it onto a piece of beard colored paper, and cut it out. Cut out a few strips of the same colored paper. We made our strips about ¼" wide.
2. Cut a piece of string long enough to fit around the child's head. Glue the center of the string onto the beard.
3. Cut your strips into 1-1½" lengths. Wrap each strip around a pencil to curl it (this is technically called "quilling").
4. On the front of the beard (the string is at the back) begin gluing your "hair" all over the beard. Hint: It's easier if you start at the bottom and work to the top of the beard. You're done your Homemade Beard!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Pirate Crafts like this Homemade Beard