Homemade Fireman Hat
It's easy to be a firefighter with this Homemade Fireman Hat. This fireman crafts for kids is easy to make with simple supplies and our printable badges!
Ages: 3 and Up With adult help!
Here's what you'll need...
• Brown package paper
• Masking tape
• Scissors (optional)
• Paint and Brush
• Printed Fireman Hat Badges for 2 hats* OR Printed Blank Fireman Hat Badges for 8 hats*
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut a large piece of brown package paper and place it over the child's head. Have the child hold it on top. Wrap masking tape around the child's head - to make the band of the hat. Remove it from their head.
2. To shape your fireman hat, fold the sides of the hat underneath. Fold them close to the band. Tape underneath to secure. You can also use scissors to trim a lot of excess before you fold it under.
3. To make the front and back of the hat, fold the paper under like you did for the sides. Remember, the front of a fireman hat is smaller than the back. Tape it underneath to secure.
4. Now paint your entire hat. When it is dry stick on one of the printable badges!