This Homemade Trophy makes a great gift or prize for someone special! A great idea for father's day or for a sporting event, suitable for preschoolers on up!
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Trophy Handles Template*
• Paper cup
• Toilet paper roll (or paper towel roll cut to fit)
• Small piece of cardboard (cereal boxes work well)
• Paint and brush
• Construction paper
• Markers and any other embellishments to decorate your trophy
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Print and cut out the templates. Trace the circle on cardboard and cut out. Paint your tp roll and circle what ever color you'd like your trophy to be. If your paper cup is white you will need to paint this also (if you're doing this with a group it's worth it to buy a package of colored cups).
2. Decorate your cup, write on a message, draw something, put on stickers, any thing you'd like. Trace the trophy handles from the template onto construction paper and cut out. Make a small fold at each end to fit your cup and glue on (an adult will have to do this part for the younger ones).
3. Smear glue all over either end of your tp roll. Glue one end to the bottom of the cup, and the other end to the cardboard circle. Leave it upside down to dry.
You could even fill this trophy with some sweet treats as well!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Father's Day Crafts like the Homemade Trophy