These Horseshoe Prints are an easy and fun Horse Craft. You can even make your prints have a "sandy" feel. Suitable for preschooler, kindergartners on up! This is a great birthday party craft as well!
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Brown paint
• Paper plate or shallow dish
• Glue (optional)
• Sand (optional)
• Horseshoe Template*
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Print out the horseshoe template and trace it onto a sponge. Cut it out.
2. Pour a small amount of brown paint into a shallow dish. Add a small amount of glue to your paint and mix it in. It's about 8 parts paint, 1 part glue.
3. Dip your sponge in paint and press onto a sheet of paper; pretend a horse is walking across it!
4. When you're done making prints sprinkle on some sand over top and shake off the excess. This will give your horseshoe prints and interesting texture.
Another option that isn't as much fun, but a little less messy, is to mix some sand into the paint/glue mixture. You still get the texture without the mess!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find More Cowboy-Western Crafts like these Horseshoe Prints
Find more Farm Animal Crafts for Kids