Hubble Space Telescope
Have the kids make their very own version of the Hubble Space Telescope! This is an easy and fun space craft that's made with simple craft materials!
Ages: 4 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• TP roll or paper towel roll cut to size
• Craft stick
• Grey paint or marker
• Tin foil
• Construction paper
• String or fishing line (if you want to hang your telescope)
Here's how you make it...
1. Paint your craft stick gray. If you don't have time to wait for paint to dry you can always color your stick with a gray marker.
2. Take your TP roll and cut two slits across from each other. Make each slit about ⅔ down the roll (see picture).
3. Insert your craft stick evenly into the slits (see picture).
4. Tear some long strips of tin foil and cover your TP roll, working around the craft sticks. The foil should just stay in place, but add a dab of glue here and there if needed.
5. From construction paper, cut two 4" X 4" squares. fold them in half. These rectangles will be the solar panels on the side of the telescope. The solar panels look brown/orange in pictures because it is reflecting the sun, you can choose what color of paper you would like your solar panels.
6. Glue your paper solar panels onto each end of the craft stick - glue the unfolded side to the stick.
If you wish to hang your telescope just tie some fishing line or string to the craft stick and let it orbit!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Space Crafts like the Hubble Space Telescope