This easy Mini Dinosaur has a Pipe Cleaner neck and tail and a paper body (which the kids color from our printable template)! A super fun craft for preschoolers on up! You can call this dinosaur an Apatosaurus (aka Brontosaurus).
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Printed Mini Dinosaur Template*
• Markers or crayons
• Pipe cleaner
• 2 small google eyes
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Color and cut out the front and back of your Mini Dinosaur. (It is not completely necessary to use the back, it just makes the finished product look better.)
2. On the front on your dinosaur body you will see two dotted lines, one line on each end. With a pair of scissors cut along each dotted line (a craft knife also works well for this step). An adult will have to do this step for the little ones! Thread a piece of pipe cleaner through the holes (you'll have to trim off some of the pipe cleaner).
4. Curl the end of your pipe cleaner to make the head of your dinosaur.
4. Glue the back over top of the pipe cleaner. Glue on google eyes on both sides of the pipe cleaner and you're done!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.