This Mountain Climber a fun craft that can represent so many countries! You can specify the mountain by writing the name and elevation on the sign, and yes, the Climber really does climb!
We made the Alps (which can be found in Switzerland, but also in France, Germany, Italy and Austria). Or you can make any other mountain ranges, like the Andes which actually cover seven countries in South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Venezuela; the Rocky Mountains in Canada and United States, or anywhere that has mountains!
Ages: 4 and Up
Preschoolers can do this craft if an adult helps them insert the paper fastener.
Here's what you'll need...
• Printed Mountain Climber*
• Paper plate or sturdy paper
• Paper fastener
• Paint, or markers/crayons
• Tooth Pick
• Small scrap of white paper
(The Blue paper is just a background for the picture)
* Instructions for Printing Mountain Climber: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut your paper plate in half, or, if you are using sturdy paper, just trace around a paper plate and cut in half. Using paint, markers or crayons, color in your mountain, leaving some white at the top for the "snow top." We also put in some green grass at the bottom. Make sure you paint or color on the BACK of the paper plate - the "eating" side of the paper plate usually has a waxy coating which makes it difficult to paint/color.
2. Cut out your printed Mountain Climber along the dotted line.
3. Insert the paper fastener into the bottom, center of the paper plate, push the fastener into the long, rectangular end of the Climber print out, and secure. Now you can move your Climber up and down the mountain!
4. Cut out a small rectangle from white paper. Write on the name of your mountain and glue it onto the bottom of your mountain with tooth pick "pole" (you can break your tooth pick in half if you choose).
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Switzerland Crafts like this Moutain Climber