What better way to learn about space than to make your own Orbiting Planets Solar System! This is an easy printable space craft for preschoolers on up and is a great way to practice those scissor skills!
Ages: 4 and up
Here's what you'll need...
• Printed Orbiting Planets*
• Yellow and black construction paper
• Paper fastener
• Glue or double sided tape
• Crayons or pencil crayons
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut a small yellow circle (the sun), and a large black circle.
2. Insert your paper fastener into the center of the yellow circle and into the center of the black circle.
3. Color and cut out your planets. Glue or tape them onto the black circle. You can arrange them from the sun outward: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune (Pluto is also included on the print out, although scientists no longer classify Pluto as a planet, you can decide if you would like to put it on your solar system).
4. Hang onto your Sun, move your planets around and watch them orbit.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Space Crafts like the Orbiting Planets