Paper Solar System Mobile
This Paper Solar System Mobile is super fun and easy to make, the best part is there is no paint and no glue so kids can make and take. Great for preschoolers on up!
Ages: 4 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Construction paper
• Scotch tape
• Fishing line (string will work)
• Yarn or string
• Star stickers (or white crayon to draw them on)
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut a piece of black construction paper in half (you can make yours bigger if you want). Cut out small circles in your black paper - we used various-sized spice containers to trace around.
3. Cut planets from other colored paper. Make the planets smaller than the holes you cut in your black paper. We used blue paper and a green marker to make the earth - be creative, leave your planets plain or color them with markers or glitter!
4. Attach your planets to the center of holes with scotch tape and fishing line (monofillament). The easiest way is to place the planet in the hole, put your line in place and place a small piece of tape at each end.
5. Stick on stars (or draw them on with white crayon) and punch/cut two hole at the top. Thread a string through the holes to hang your mobile. Construction paper is thin, so to keep the mobile from buckling we used scotch tape to hold a straw above the mobile.
Find more Space Crafts like this Paper Solar System Mobile