Paper Tube Firecracker
Make a Paper Tube Firecracker for your next celebration. You can color your own flag, or print on already colored! These are great party decorations or a fun party craft for preschoolers on up!
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Printed B/W Flag to color* or Color Flag.* Any paper will do but a thicker paper like card stock will look a little better.
• Paper tube (either a tp tube on another cut to size)
• Glue and/or double-sided tape
• Pipe cleaner (we used ½ of a gray pipe cleaner)
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Trace around your paper tube on to white paper and cut the circle out.
2. Poke a hole in the center of your circle with a pencil or a pair of scissors.
3. Cut out your flag and "spark." Glue the flag around the paper tube. Spread glue along the top edge of your tube and stick on the paper circle. (You can also cut a second circle and glue it on the bottom)
4. Glue the pipe cleaner in between the "sparks" and insert the pipe cleaner in to the hole in the top of the tube.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more American Crafts like these Paper Tube Firecracker