This Prickly Wreath Craft is a great Christmas craft for Preschoolers, on up! Once you've made your wreath decorate it with what ever embellishments you have around the house!
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Here's what you'll need...
• Paper Plate
• Zip-lock baggie
• Green food coloring
• Baking sheet
• Wax paper
• Embellishments from around the house
Here's how you make it...
1. Put 1 teaspoon of water and 6 drops of green food coloring into a zip-lock baggie. Add 1/2 cup of rice, seal the baggie, and squish around until all the rice is coated and covered. Spread the colored rice onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet to dry. Your rice will be dry and ready to use in 1/2 hour to an hour depending on your climate.
2. Cut a paper plate into a wreath shape. The edges don't need to be perfectly shaped.
3. Spread glue all over your paper plate. Sprinkle the green rice over top, press it down a little bit, and then shake off the excess.
4. Decorate your wreath with what ever you have in your craft box. We used red sequins as berries and glued on a Christmas bow. Try red pom poms, or shapes cut out of construction paper, use your imagination!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Click here to find more Christmas Crafts like the Prickly Wreath