* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut off the part of the baggie that is above the zipper, but don't cut off the zipper!
2. Cut out the template and trace it onto a piece of construction paper (we used dark blue). On a sky blue piece of paper trace around only the outside of the rectangle to make the solid background.
3. With the longest side of the rectangle running vertically, paint on some white seagulls onto your blue background paper, both on the top and the bottom (that way it will look the same no matter which way you turn it) You'll want to paint your seagulls between 1½" - 2" from the top so that the top boarder doesn't cover them up!
4. Cut out star fish from yellow construction paper. Color your macaroni by placing a few into a baggie and adding 2 drops of food coloring. Seal the bag and squish it around until the macaroni is covered. It will only take 1-2 minutes for it to be dry and ready to use.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of sand into the baggie and add your shells and starfish. Seal the bag.
6. Get all the sand into the center of the bag. Sandwich the baggie between the two papers by spreading glue along the edges of the baggie, front and back. Also spread glue on the outer edges of the paper boarder. In other words - The Sky rectangle with the painted seagulls is glued behind the baggie, and the boarder is glued on top
Turn your seascape upside down and right-side up and it will look the same!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Summer Crafts like this Sandscape