We filled our Scarecrow Bags with a fall apple, but you can fill yours with anything that will fit! A great craft for fall treat bags, or as a great homemade decoration for the house!
Ages: 3 and Up
Preschoolers can do this craft if an adult does the first couple of "cutting" steps for them!
Here's what you'll need...
• 2 pieces of felt (one for the face, one for the hair)
• Small apple or other goodies to fill your bag*
• Yarn or string
• Scraps of felt, buttons, pipe cleaners, craft foam, or anything else you have around to make the face on your scarecrow
* If you're going to fill your Scarecrow Bag with small candies or chocolate we recommend you put them in a baggie first!
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut a circle from a piece of felt. Our circle measure 8½" in diameter (we used a standard piece of felt which measures about 9" X 11½")
2. Cut 16 slits around your felt circle (You can make more or less slits, just make sure it's an even number). Make your slits about ½" from the edge of the felt.
3. Cut a long piece of yarn and string it in and out of the slits all around your circle.
4. Make sure the ties are coming out from underneath the felt circle (if they aren't just flip it over - see picture). Cut strips of felt about 3"-4" long and glue them all around the edge of your circle.
5. Place your apple (or goody bag) in the center of the felt circle and pull the yarn ties to so it pulls up and over the apple - like a bag.
6. Use scraps of felt or foam, buttons and pipe cleaner to make the face on your scarecrow. Go ahead and clip off some of the felt hair if you think your Scarecrow needs a hair cut!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Fall Crafts like these Scarecrow Bags
Find more Thanksgiving Crafts