Stained Glass Window
O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. Psalm 96:9
Stained glass windows are beautiful creations found in our churches. Children will love to make thier own stained glass window!
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Here's what you'll need...
• 2 sheets of black construction paper
• 1 sheet of regular white note paper (or card stock)
• Tissue paper (at least three colors)
• Big paint brush
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut 1/2" off from around you white paper, and trim off the upper corners (you need to trim the paper so that the 'window' will be small enough to be 'framed' in the black paper).
2. Cut your tissue paper into squares (around 1"x1"). Now you will need to water down your glue by mixing about 1 teaspoon of glue and 1 tablespoon of water. It should be very watery.
3. Now you can begin to put the 'stained glass' onto your 'window' by brushing the watery glue onto the paper, sticking on a piece of tissue paper and then brushing over top with more glue. Continue until the window is covered.
4. Once the glue is dry (it will dry fast because the glue is so 'thin') trim off any excess tissue paper from around the window. Glue the window on to the black construction paper. Use regular glue not the watery glue to put the window in the frame.
5. Now it's time to build the cross for the window. Cut 2 strips of black paper about 1" thick, cut to make a cross. Glue onto your window.
You're finished, great job!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Click here to find more Sunday School Crafts like the Stained Glass Window