Touch N Feel Fall Scene
This Touch N Feel Fall Scene craft allows children to design their own colorful, tactile Autumn landscape. Easy to make and uses simple materials from around the house!
Level of Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Here's what you'll need...
• Blue cardstock or cardboard
• Construction paper
• Food coloring
• Zip-lock baggie
• Baking sheet
• Wax paper
• Cotton balls
Here's how you make it...
1. Put 1 teaspoon of water in a zipper baggie and add 6 drops of food coloring. Add 1/2 cup of rice, seal the baggie and swish the rice around until it is well coated and colored. Spread out onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet to dry. Repeat for each color, we used green, red, orange and yellow rice. Your rice will be dry and ready to use in 1/2 hour to an hour depending on your cliimate. (To make orange rice, mix water with 3 drops of red and 3 drops of yellow food coloring.)
2. With a pencil, draw a line separating the sky and ground. With a brown marker, draw on your bare tree trunks.
3. We covered our ground with green rice by spreading glue, sprinkling on green rice, and then shaking off the excess. You can decide if you would like the ground in your fall scene to be grassy or all fall colored!
4. Now it's time to make your fall leaves. Dab glue in different spots on your bare trees. Sprinkle on one color of rice, and shake off the excess.
5. Put more dabs of glue on your bare tree, sprinkle on a different color of rice, and shake off the excess. Repeat this as many times as you wish. Don't forget to add some colored "leaves" on the ground under your tree!
6. Cut out a yellow sun from construction paper and glue on your scene. Add some soft fluffy clouds by gluing on cotton balls.
Because the rice is a little heavy, you need to use cardstock paper or use cardboard covered with construction paper (cereal boxes work well)
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Click here to find more Fall Crafts like the Touch N Feel Fall Scene