Uncle Sam Mask
This adorable Uncle Sam Mask is made from a paper plate, construction paper and cotton balls; an easy an inexpensive kids craft to celebrate any American holiday!
Level of Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Make this easier for little ones by having the paper plate and all the stars and stripes pre-cut.
Here's what you'll need...
• Paper plate (8”or 9”)
• Construction paper: Red, white and blue
• Cotton Balls
• Hole punch (scissors will work)
Here's how to make it...
1. Cut the center out of the paper plate. If you want, measure it to fit the child's face first. With a hole punch or scissors, punch 2 holes on either side of the paper plate and tie on a piece of yarn into each hole (this will secure the mask around the child's face)
2. The entire sheet of red paper will make the base of the hat (a standard 81/2" X 11" paper). Using the white construction paper cut out four 1" strips and glue evenly onto the red paper. Turning your blue paper length wise, cut out a 2" wide strip which will make the brim of your hat.
3. Glue the base of your hat onto your paper plate, and then glue the blue brim on top (feel free to staple this on if you want it to go faster, or if you don't have any glue). Decorate the brim of your hat with stars. You can either cut them out of the white paper or you can use stickers if you have some.
3. Glue cotton balls all around the paper plate to make "Uncle Sam's" beard. Once the glue is dry you can tie the mask around your face and have some good ol' American fun!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Click here to find more American crafts like the Uncle Sam Mask