Valentine Air Mail
Have the kids receive Valentine Air Mail from Cupid himself! This is an easy Valentine box for boys or girls, preschoolers on up - complete with an airplane made from hearts using our printable template!
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Empty box
• Brown paper (brown package paper or paper bag will do!)
• Printed Air Mail Cut-Outs*
• Red or pink paper (only if you want to put a heart airplane on your package) or you can just use the white computer paper!
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Wrap your box in brown paper, just as you would a regular package. Address your mail to the child's name and address, and from Cupid, who's address could be 123 Lovers Lane!
2. If you want to put the heart airplane on your airmail now is the time to put it together. For an easy white airplane, just cut all the hearts out and glue them on your package per the picture and directions. If you want a red/pink airplane you will have to use the printed hearts as templates to trace onto colored paper.
If you have an extra large box you could also use our large Paper Hearts Airplane Template
3. Now glue on your stamp(s) and airmail stickers.
4. You can make your package look more realistic by putting a place/date "stamp" and postage mark over your stamps. Use a pen to make squigily lines across your stamps. Make a small circle with a pen and write a city name across the top and the date in the center.
5. Use scissors to cut a hole in the top of your package and you're ready to start collecting valentines.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Valentine Crafts like this Valentine Air Mail Craft