In this Winter Window the snow really falls! This is a great craft for preschoolers and kindergartners to practice their scissor skills, but all children will love watching the snow fall! The Winter Window is symmetrical, turn it either way and the snow will keep falling!
Ages: 4 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Printed Winter Window Template*
• Construction paper
• Sandwich-size zip-lock baggie
• Measuring spoons
• Felt (paper will also work fine)
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut off the part of the baggie that is above the zipper, but don't cut off the zipper!
2. Cut out the template and trace it onto a piece of construction paper. On a sky blue piece of paper trace around only the outside of the window to make the solid background rectangle.
3. Put 1½ tablespoons of sugar into your baggie. Seal the bag, but make sure you don't squeeze out all of the air or the snow won't fall right. Test the snowfall, you can add more or less air to your bag if you need to.
4. Get all the sugar into the center of the bag. Sandwich the baggie between the two papers by spreading glue along the edges of the baggie, front and back. Also spread glue on the outer edges of the paper window.
5. Trace around the curtain template onto a piece of felt or paper and glue in place on your Winter Window. Once all the glue is dry you can turn your window to make the snow fall!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Winter Crafts like this Winter Window