This adorable Yarn Octopus is a great Ocean animal craft for kids, it's also a great way for children to practice tying knots!
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Here's what you'll need...
• Yarn (any will do, but chunky weight is better)
• Google eyes
Here's how you make it...
1. Make lengths of yarn about 12" long. You need to have quite a few pieces of yarn, at least 24, but more pieces makes a bigger octopus.
2. fold your yarn in half and tie a separate peice of yarn around the top - this will make your octopus' head.
3. Separate your yarn into eight even sections.
4. With separate pieces of yarn you will need to tie three knots on each arm. One at the top, near the head; one in the middle, and one at the end of the arm. Trim off any uneven yarn at the ends.
5. If you're not tired from tying all those knots, glue on your googly eyes, and you're done!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Click here to find more Ocean Animal Crafts like the Yarn Octopus