Prep. time 20 min; Cook time 10-15 min
These Party Pretzels are a great kids recipe and would be a fun activity for a play group or party. Who can make the most unique pretzel shape?
You can use coarse salt, or none at all if you want to reduce sodium.
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Make this easy for preschoolers by making the dough and 'rolling' it into thin 'ropes' they can use the ropes to make what ever design they choose.
Here's what you'll need...
1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
½ cup lukewarm water
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup oil
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
5 ½ cups all purpose flour
⅓ cup sugar
1 egg beaten
3 tablespoons coarse salt (optional)
Here's how to make them...
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and stir in the eggs, oil and milk.
2. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and then add to the egg and oil mixture.
3. Knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and rubbery.
4. Roll the dough into ropes, about the diameter of an adults' pinky finger, and about 1-2 feet long.
5. Now it's time to be creative, make as many different pretzel shapes and designs you can. Place each shape on a greased (or parchment lined) baking sheet.
6. Brush the tops of each shape with egg and sprinkle with salt if you choose. Bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes. Then enjoy!!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more great Every Day Edible Crafts like the Party Pretzels!