In this Rainy Window the rain really falls, well paper rain that is. This is a fun craft for spring time or when learning about the weather!
Ages: 4 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Printed Window Template*
• Construction paper
• Sandwich-size zip-lock baggie
• Hole punch (optional)
• Felt (paper will work)
* Instructions for template: The template will open in a new window; close this window when you are done printing to return to the activity page. You will need Adobe Reader to open the template. If you do not have it you can download it for free here.
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut off the part of the baggie that is above the zipper, but don't cut off the zipper!
2. Cut out the template and trace it onto a piece of construction paper. On a sky blue piece of paper trace around only the outside of the window to make the solid background rectangle.
3. Use a hole punch to make lots of little blue circles. Put 1½ tablespoons of blue circles into your baggie. Seal the bag, but make sure you don't squeeze out all of the air or the rain won't fall right. Test the rain, you can add more or less air to your bag if you need to (more air makes the rain fall faster, less air makes it fall slower).
4. Get all the blue circles into the center of the bag. Sandwich the baggie between the two papers by spreading glue along the edges of the baggie, front and back. Also spread glue on the outer edges of the paper window.
5. Trace around the curtain template onto a piece of felt or paper and glue in place on your Rainy Window. Once all the glue is dry you can turn and shake your window to make the rain fall!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Spring Crafts like this Rainy Window