Sparkly Butterfly Card
This Sparkly Butterfly Card is a great craft for toddlers and preschoolers. The perfect card craft for Mother's Day, Grandparents Day, birthday, or any other special occasion! This makes a great card, but it would also make a nice butterfly picture just on it's own!
Ages: 2 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Construction paper or card stock paper
• Paper plate or shallow dish
• Pipe cleaner (and something sharp to cut it with)
• Loose glitter
Here's how you make it...
1. Fold your paper in half and write a message on the front and on the inside. Younger children may want to draw a picture on the inside, so make sure they do this first!
2. In a paper plate or shallow dish pour a small amount of paint. Add a small amount of glue and mix it in with your paint. For 1 Tablespoon of paint use ¼ teaspoon of glue.
3. Dip a finger into the paint and press onto the paper. Use four finger/thumb prints to make your butterfly's wings, two make one side, and two make the other (as shown in the picture).
4. Sprinkle loose glitter onto the prints. The glue in the paint will allow the glitter to stick to the prints.
5. Cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and place it between the prints to make the butterfly's body.
If you don't have any loose glitter you can also use glitter glue, or no glitter at all.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Mothers Day Crafts like this Sparkly Butterfly Card
Find more Butterfly Crafts for Kids
Find more Card Crafts for Kids