Valentine Fortune Rolls
These Valentine Fortune Rolls look like big fortune cookies, complete with a message inside. Make them sweet for your Valentine by sprinkling them with Cinnamon and Sugar!
Age: 3 and up
Preschoolers will need help writing the messages, but they can roll up the fortune roll and sprinkle on the sugar.
Here's what you'll need...
• 1 Tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup sugar
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• Parchment paper
• Permanent marker
Here's how you make them...
1. Cut small strips of parchment paper (don't make them any longer than your crescent roll). With a permanent marker you can write Valentine fortunes, or just short messages. For example: "I Love You", or "You will find true love". You could even put the short messages they write on conversation hearts.
2. Open your tube of crescent rolls, keep the wrapper, you'll be needing the cooking directions from the label. Place your special messages into the dough, roll them up from the big end to the small end. Curve the edges so the roll looks like a "C" or like a fortune cookie. Place them on a cookie sheet (make sure you refer to the package as to if your baking sheet needs to be greased or not).
3. Beat an egg in a small bowl. Lightly brush each roll with egg.
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and sprinkle it onto the egg. Be generous with your sugar!
5. Cook in the oven according the package directions. Cool, and enjoy!
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Valentine Crafts for Kids
Find more Edible Valentine Crafts like the Valentine Fortune Rolls