Caterpillar Turned Butterfly
In this Caterpillar Turned Butterfly craft kids can unfold their caterpillar to see a beautiful butterfly. This is a great craft for learning about butterflies, or use it as a fun spring craft!
Ages: 6 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• 2 Craft sticks
• 2 Pipe cleaner
• Construction paper
• Scotch tape
• Markers or crayons
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut your pipe cleaners to fit onto your craft stick. You'll need enough pipe cleaner to lay along the stick and the some sticking out to make the antennas. Glue the pipe cleaners side by side on ONE of the craft sticks.
2. Cut a piece of construction paper in half, length-ways. Attach the two pieces of paper with scotch tape.
3. You need to cut three triangles from your strip of paper. One in the center (where the tape is), one each between the center and the outer edges. Cut your triangles about half way down the paper.
4. Design and color your butterfly with markers or crayons.
5. Fold your paper accordion-style, triangle end facing up tape the bottom of the accordion with scotch tape.
6. Glue a craft stick on either side of the accordion, flush with the scotch tape at the bottom (the stick will stick out a bit at the top).
Unfold your caterpillar to change it to a butterfly, you'll have to twist the antennas around after changing.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Butterfly Crafts like this Caterpillar Turned Butterfly
Find more Spring Crafts for Kids