Baby Chick Collage
This Baby Chick Collage is a fun Spring time craft for kids. It's easy to do this one with a group since the materials can be bought in large quantities.
Ages: 3 and Up
Here's what you'll need...
• Yellow and green construction paper
• Yellow tissue paper
• Candy corn
• Bow Tie macaroni
• Zip lock baggie
• Red and yellow food coloring
• Google eyes (optional)
Here's how you make it...
1. First you will need to prepare the chicks feet, this is very quick and easy. With a knife, split your bow tie macaroni in half. Put in into a zipper bag with 3 drops of red food coloring and 3 drops of yellow. Seal the bag a squish it around until coated, set out to dry. If you are doing this with a large group you can make large quantities of colored macaroni by following our Pasta and Rice Paint recipe
2. Next you will need to cut one big yellow circle, and two smaller ones the same size. Cut one of the smaller circles in half to make the wings. You will need to cut some feather shapes out of the yellow tissue paper. Now you are ready to put your collage together!
3. Glue your Baby Chick onto green construction paper. Big circle for the body, small circle for the head, and two half circles for the wings.
4. Glue on your tissue paper feathers, your macaroni feet, candy corn beak, and google eyes (you can draw eyes on if you don't have any google eyes), and you're done!
Another option for this collage is to add some green grass by coloring rice green, spreading glue on the bottom on the collage, and sprinkling on the prickly green rice.
Sign up for our FREE Newsletter
The Busy Bee BUZZzzz You'll get the BUZZzzz on our new crafts, featured crafts for up coming holidays and seasons, AND learn some fun and useful tips for doing kids crafts - all delivered to your inbox from busybeekidscrafts.com.
Your email address is totally secure, it is only used to send you the Busy Bee BUZZzzz.
Find more Spring Crafts like this Baby Chick Collage
Find more Easter Crafts for Kids
Find more Bird Crafts for Kids
Find more Farm Animal Crafts